T56 rebuild needed, where to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T56 rebuild needed, where to go?

Does anyone have any input on where to check out for a T56 rebuild? I've talked to Six Speeds Inc., (T56REBUILD under a new name), a couple local places friends recommended, ect. I've looked into it briefly, and this is definately over my head as a DYI project.

Any information or advice would be appreciated.

I'm pretty sure carnutz could do it locally. He's over at MNfbody. He set up the gears in my 12 bolt. He got them alot quieter than two other places I had install them.

Otherwise, just buy one from D&D. http://www.ddperformance.com/

If you're gonna do that, make sure you upgrade to the billet keys and steel 3-4 shifter fork.

Good luck!

Comment

I have heard nothing but good about Sixspeed inc. Their customer service appears to be second to none. Go look around over on LS1tech.

Comment

I used www.sixspeedinc.com when I went threw my T56, good customer service and prices are comparable to D&D. It cost me 700$ to fix mine, I broke the stock 3-4 slider key in mine so I upgraded to billet keys and steel 3-4 fork. What is wrong with yours?
        90 5.0 GT New combo
        11.84 @ 113 1.64 60' Dynoed 428hp 419tq Dyno Vid Dyno sheet

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. Six Speed Inc. is the front runner right now. They were very prompt in responding to my questions when I talked to them about a week ago.

Nothing is "wrong" with mine right now, but it has 160k on it (as far as I know), and with the new motor and everything going into the car, I'd like to have it gone through now while it's out of the car, rather than wait until something breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by House View Post
            Thanks for the input everyone. Six Speed Inc. is the front runner right now. They were very prompt in responding to my questions when I talked to them about a week ago.

Nothing is "wrong" with mine right now, but it has 160k on it (as far as I know), and with the new motor and everything going into the car, I'd like to have it gone through now while it's out of the car, rather than wait until something breaks.
            Just break it. Puss.
            You almost done with the car yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              You almost done with the car yet?
              It's been almost done for months :lol: I'm going to take some time off from work so I can hopefully make some progress on it. I keep getting side tracked by all this little mickey mouse shit. Poor time management on my part.

Comment

Let me know if you need help! Lets get this ready for the first day of spring! we have cars to kill brotha!

Comment

You try DRM?

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                    Let me know if you need help! Lets get this ready for the first day of spring! we have cars to kill brotha!
                    Right on!

Originally posted by Fotoboy View Post
                    You try DRM?
                    No I haven't, I'll have to call down there and see what they have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by fastkeen View Post
                      I used www.sixspeedinc.com when I went threw my T56, good customer service and prices are comparable to D&D. It cost me 700$ to fix mine, I broke the stock 3-4 slider key in mine so I upgraded to billet keys and steel 3-4 fork. What is wrong with yours?

Daaayum! $700 bucks is damn good price for everything you got.

I'll give them a call and see if they can rebuild my spare.

Comment

Working...
                      X