Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will answer both of your questions
    No. 1 turbo input means turbo 350 or 400 input splines
    No. 2 the 2500 to 2800 will work best on the street with a big block and only go to the higher stall if you are going to race the car more. More tq. input via engine tq. output which in turn will make the convrt. stall higher.
    My Firebird a couple of years ago ran 11.90's with a 2500 stall tci with my 454 and drove very nice on the street. Stay on the conservative side on this as you will be much happier. I put my 10" tci race convert. in the same car once picked up et. at the track but the the car was terrible to drive around, trans ran hotter and used way more gas.
    It did do nice burnouts though. Hope this helps.

Also take a look at red neck convrts. they are on e-bay and from what I have read are top notch stuff and cheap as they don't advertise like the big guys. Just a suggestion.

Comment

I hate when they rate the stalls, its a very genaric #. You put that up against wht motor that they advertise? 2800 stall behind a bbc w the same hp is going to tighter than a 2800 behind a sbc w the same hp if they both stall exactly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by DNeinstadt View Post
        Diameter: 11 Transmission: TH MP: Stall: 2500-2800
        11" STREET PERFORMANCE CONVERTER, TURBO SPLINE $175.00

Hmmm... worth it maybe? What's "turbo spline" mean? I know it means you have to do something with the input shaft, likely won't work?

I have a bad ass 3500 stall that is behind my 502 that was making 550-575 hp and tbraked to 4200 at the track. It is totally streetable and is even set up for n20 w ballon plates. It is still behind the maro right now but if you are interested let me know. Ill let it go cheap and it will be way stronger that what you have listed.

Comment

Isn't that just a bit lower than what I have now? Worth it to do the swap?

I may call Coan today and see what they say. Really looking for a street converter.. :)

Dan
          1966 Mustang Fastback 2+2
          2012 Ford Mustang GT convertible
          2013 Ford F-150 FX4 ECOBOOST
          1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Clone

and others. :)

Comment

Originally posted by DNeinstadt View Post
            Isn't that just a bit lower than what I have now? Worth it to do the swap?

I may call Coan today and see what they say. Really looking for a street converter.. :)

Dan
            Guess I wasnt paying attention to your previous combo.

Comment

Anyone used converters by JW? http://www.racewithjw.com/techNotes.php

Comment

For converters go to Midwest Performance Converters. Tell them you want a custom converter and they'll ask you a bunch of questions about what you've done currently and set you up specifically for that. Plus, their local and very friendly people to work with.

Midwest Performance Converter
                4225 Hiawatha Ave South
                Minneapolis, MN 55406
                Phone: 612-724-3004
                Toll Free: 1-800-262-2063

Yeah....I know this is an old post, but I happened to read it and know the people at Midwest do it right.
                Life is too short to waste time and energy on hate.

Comment

LOL, I did pick up a lower stall converter and it seems a bit better. :)
                  1966 Mustang Fastback 2+2
                  2012 Ford Mustang GT convertible
                  2013 Ford F-150 FX4 ECOBOOST
                  1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Clone

and others. :)

Comment

Working...
                  X