Tranny Dyno?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny Dyno?

Anyone know of a shop with a transmission dyno? Can't find anything wrong with my Chevelle tranny when we had it apart and would like to test it before throwing it back in the car. Thinking its my converter but want to be sure.

Never heard of a tranny dyno. Anyone else?

Comment

Ive heard of them but dont know of a local one.

Comment

Originally posted by Duece Bignlow View Post
        Anyone know of a shop with a transmission dyno? Can't find anything wrong with my Chevelle tranny when we had it apart and would like to test it before throwing it back in the car. Thinking its my converter but want to be sure.
        whats it doing that you think theres a problem?

Comment

did you call the votech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Looks like they have one in Ham Lake at Bendtsens Transmission adapters ... here is their list of services and says call for prices.

This is just the first one I seen when I did a search on yahoo, any TCO members have any good info on these guys???

Comment

bendtsens does good work, jolly are you still working on your trans?

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
                did you call the votech
                Yes and they don't do outside trannys other than new builds the students do.

Comment

Thanks Jolly,
                  I will give them a call this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by bluchev View Post
                    bendtsens does good work, jolly are you still working on your trans?
                    I'm gonna rip into it this week since my cam is on back order. I've been looking around for advice and tech online and think I have a good core to work from.

Comment

awesome good luck

Comment

Link

Comment

Called Bendstens today and talked to Bob. He claims I need to switch to a manual valve body or install a mechanical modulator which is cable activated like a 700r4. He also said I should ditch the B&M shift kit and install the Transgo 2-3 kit. He claims my motor is not making enough vacuum (7 lbs. at idle) to properly operate the modulator causing lower pressure which is giving me slippage.
                          Thoughts on this anyone?

Comment

transgo 2-3 kit is an awesome package i use them all the time.
                            if youre mechanically inclined id say you could install it yourself, if not i can.

Comment

Originally posted by Duece Bignlow View Post
                              Called Bendstens today and talked to Bob. He claims I need to switch to a manual valve body or install a mechanical modulator which is cable activated like a 700r4. He also said I should ditch the B&M shift kit and install the Transgo 2-3 kit. He claims my motor is not making enough vacuum (7 lbs. at idle) to properly operate the modulator causing lower pressure which is giving me slippage.
                              Thoughts on this anyone?
                              Boy I find that hard to believe, I've have a B&M shift kit In my bird for years with engines in the 5" vacume range and never had any trouble. Trango kits are good too and if you go to a manual vb with a t-400 there is no need for a cable or anything you just have to shift it yourself but then you might as well have a stick trans again.

You should talk to Red Rocket he sounds like he knows those 400's pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                              X