Gismo's Fabrication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gismo's Fabrication

I met this guy this week when I bought a pair of slicks from him. He has a really nice shop and does all kinds of fabrications, Headers, Roll bars and you name it he does it. I asked him about a price on an 8 pt. bar for the bird and he was around $1500 for a moly bar all tig welded.

His own car is a '71 gremlin with a big and I mean big motor that runs in the 9's but you would not know it by looking at the car as it is pretty deciving looking.

His name is Greg and he is really nice to talk to, He also told me he used to work for Don Ness years ago. I thought I would give him some air time here.

Don't get him wet or feed him after midnight!

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
      I met this guy this week when I bought a pair of slicks from him. He has a really nice shop and does all kinds of fabrications, Headers, Roll bars and you name it he does it. I asked him about a price on an 8 pt. bar for the bird and he was around $1500 for a moly bar all tig welded.

His own car is a '71 gremlin with a big and I mean big motor that runs in the 9's but you would not know it by looking at the car as it is pretty deciving looking.

His name is Greg and he is really nice to talk to, He also told me he used to work for Don Ness years ago. I thought I would give him some air time here.

seems pretty high on an 8 point bar, but he probably has more over head and he is in the metro area so I guess maybe thats a fair price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

So what would your price be then?

Comment

I am sure his price is with him bending the tubes, I buy kits, the kit for chrome moly would be around 350-450 shipped, and I charge 450 for an 8 point bar, tig welded, but like I said he is in the metro, and I am sure he probably has more over head. he is right in the ballpark for a chassis shop, I just think that if you want to get the work you need to be a little cheaper, I know these bars dont take that long to put in, even if you are bending them, not trying to badmouth anyone or step on toes, just stating the facts, I know he does quality work, I have seen cars that he has built

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
            I am sure his price is with him bending the tubes, I buy kits, the kit for chrome moly would be around 350-450 shipped, and I charge 450 for an 8 point bar, tig welded, but like I said he is in the metro, and I am sure he probably has more over head. he is right in the ballpark for a chassis shop, I just think that if you want to get the work you need to be a little cheaper, I know these bars dont take that long to put in, even if you are bending them, not trying to badmouth anyone or step on toes, just stating the facts, I know he does quality work, I have seen cars that he has built

Didn't sound to me like you were badmouthing him and I know you do good work too tork, So I will put in a good word for you too. His Bar was all made and not bought from a kit and Greg also said that he puts them as close to the interior as he can so as you will not have to see it.

Either of you would do a good job IMO and your both good fabricators.
            Now I would have to put an engine back in my bird that would demand such a nice roll bar.:lol:

Comment

Working...
            X