X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a cam

Heres some things people have said about it so far-

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=969227

That was good and I saw that last week on that site but to me that is a baby cam. I used a cam like that in one of my 454's was CC 288AR street roller .625 lift@248 degrees duration@ .050thou on a 110 degree LC. The damn thing idled like a stocker cam in the motor.

Sounds like the one you picked out is going to work well, Let us know what kind of performance you pick up with it.

Comment

If I had a 454 and not a 346 I'd run a bigger cam too due to having more cubes, I still plan on making it my daily driver in summer. Hopefully the install goes smoothly. I wish I had money for heads while im at it

Comment

i'll show you heads

Comment

602....not to be to hard on ya but those numbers in a older generation smallblock or bigblock do not equate to the same numbers. In the III and IV generation motors they equate to much bigger lifts and durations. And you are right, it's not a big cam by any means but the LSA is quite tight for a fuel injected computer controlled car so is in fact on the larger side.Traver
          2001 Trans Am All Motor 9.75 @139mph

Comment

duration is 242/244 @.05 and .610/.612 for the lift. I got it in the mail last Friday. Now im just hoping I dont get laid off so I can buy headers and a few other odds and ends before spring.

Comment

Originally posted by ramairws6 View Post
              602....not to be to hard on ya but those numbers in a older generation smallblock or bigblock do not equate to the same numbers. In the III and IV generation motors they equate to much bigger lifts and durations. And you are right, it's not a big cam by any means but the LSA is quite tight for a fuel injected computer controlled car so is in fact on the larger side.Traver
              You are right on that as the same cam in a smaller motor will sound and act nastier. I used to look just at duration and lift numbers years ago put now I mostly look at the opening and closing of the valve events and I pay clse attention to how close the advertised duration numbers are to the .050 numbers. Too much lift with a poor port like a early SB chev that cannot handle it is a waste and tough in valvetrain parts so I like to manipulate the numbers to get what I need.

I do know that if I were to have a ls1 car I would most likely shit can the FI setup in favor of a carb and the reason being that I can imagine what a 346 could do with the same cam that was on a 106 LC with 260 to 270 duration at .050 with that same lift as the LS1 heads flow unreal amounts of air. Besides I am too lazy to fart around with all that new fangled stuff and not that it cannot work but for me a carb is way easier to tune.

I do like that the LS1 cars rpm but with me I would rev the piss out of one and blow it up real soon as I like the sound of an engine at 7500 rpm

Lwind05 sound like a good cam and I will like to see the results when you get it on the dyno.

Comment

Originally posted by Lwind05 View Post
                duration is 242/244 @.05 and .610/.612 for the lift. I got it in the mail last Friday. Now im just hoping I dont get laid off so I can buy headers and a few other odds and ends before spring.
                I'd like to know the dyno numbers as I am in the market for a cam and heads set up for my 2001 z28.

Comment

Originally posted by 1badrz28 View Post
                  I'd like to know the dyno numbers as I am in the market for a cam and heads set up for my 2001 z28.
                  But....But...I thought you sold your car:banana:

Comment

You would be faster with a smaller cam in a heavy ass GTO. Have fun tuning it. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by 602hp View Post
                      But....But...I thought you sold your car:banana:

No one on that site could afford it even if I gave it way. That site needs to die soon.

Comment

I should be ok, the polluter never really makes anything under 300RWTQ at 3.5k rpm its at 350RWTQ but I guess we will see in spring right? Im going to have Carl from CJtunes tune it, for $350 ane free updates you cant go wrong..After reading the stuff about Hiwrek I dont really care to have them touch my stuff....not to mention I had a buddy take his procharged T/A to hiwrek and it made 350rwhp(on there dyno) and my stock goat hangs pretty much side by side....and a few weeks later it did 303rwhp at new ulms autofest.

Comment

Working...
                        X