Good luck with Edelbrock carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck with Edelbrock carbs

I have been working with these for about a year now and I have started to learn what works and what does not.

Despite what people think the 600 [1405] does work on a Big Block you just have to get the pri. jetting right but they do run out of steam above 5K.

The same carb on 350 wroke very well and keeps pulling good.
    I based some of this as 10 years ago a good friend had one of these on his mopar and the box stock eddy. ran 12.90's and his 3310 holley was in the 13's no matter what he did. Too big a holley you say, You would be wrong as with the vacume secondary carbs you cannot over carb.

I will now be trying to get the [1407] 750 to run as I have a couple of them and would like to see them perform also.

The one thing I have found on almost all of these was that the floats were way off so much so that one of the 600's ran so bad that I could not get the car out of the driveway.

The power valve springs are misleading with the rates and when you get the kit from edelbrock the numbers the provide sould be doubled, So a 7" spring is actually a 14" vacume spring [this was verified by a good friend of mine]

So if you are a member here and need help with these style carbs can help you. The best way is to have a dyno but most people don't have accsess to one so the track is the next best thing.

The nice thing about these carbs is less mess than a holley and I am not trying to take anything away from a holly or a speed demon just trying to make something work that a lot of people buy and have bad luck with.

I love buying these carbs at swap meets I got my 1405 for 15$ that's right
    the guy was so pissed at it he was ready to throw it out. I set the floats changed the rods and it is now on my bird and runs like a millon bucks, well
    maybe a Dollar Two Ninty Eight:rlol:

More Edelbrock tips to come.

Bolted a stock 1405 600 on to the bird, slight secondary hesitation, but have added a heavier air valve via a 750 and added a 35 squirter vs. a 28 so it should help.

Comment

Those Edelbrock carbs look like the old Carter AFBs

Comment

Working...
      X