New 600 Holley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 600 Holley

I got to try out my homemade 600 Holley race carb. I took a 1850 600VS carb, milled off the air horn, added a new base plate that I had to do some grinding on the main body and I made a new secondary Idle adjust screw to it.

Ran the carb on the Camaro and it is very responsive, will have to see at the track what it wants for jetting to get it right. Just for those who think a 600 cannot go fast, I used to run one that I had modded on my old 454 that ran the best of a 11.67@113mph. Not bad but it would not pull over 5K, hope my new mods help as this carb will go on the Bird.
    Last edited by MR.hp; 09-12-2015, 07:35 PM.

Well today I tested out the little sucker, it ran as quick and faster than my 850 Mighty Demon. 11.59@115mph, I was floored that a carb this small could go this good. 60ft. time are a little slower due to the fact that it's VS carb but with performance like this who cares. It will be a great carb on the Bird when I swap in the pump gas engine. Woot.

Comment

Small block with vacuum secondary 600. Who woulda thunk?

Comment

This year I was very happy with the 600 Holley I made, next year I will take a 600 DP body I have and make a bigger carb out of that one, this way I can use it with an auto or a stick.

Comment

Next generation 600 on the way for 2016.

Comment

Working...
          X