Not so good at BIR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waterbug1999 View Post
    at the time it was a 150 shot with 4* of timing being pulled. Something wasnt working right obviously.
    how much gap on the plugs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
      how much gap on the plugs?

.035"... TR6 plugs

Comment

On that 150 shot that TR6 would be fine, I am not sure about running the V, I have always been told just run a normal plug but I can't see a v making an hot spot as you know TR6 is what everyone and there grandma runs. I would talk to nano about that bottle pressure 1300 consitant seems like it would cause it to go lean in a hurry .... or your fuel pump didn't keep up?

Are your heads milled?

Comment

your plugs are to hot, the insulator nose length is the factor in the heat range of a spark plug, the longer the insulator nose, the less heat is absorbed, and the further the heat must travel into the cylinder head water jackets. That means the plug has a higher internal temperature, a cold spark plug has a shorter insulator nose and absorbs more combustion chamber heat. heat travels a shorter distance, and allows the plug to operate at a lower internal temperature. my guess is you fouled your plugs and had some preignition, I run an ngk 9, and pull 4 degrees of timing on a 175 horse shot to keep my timing at 28 total on nitrous.

Comment

Originally posted by speedo View Post
            On that 150 shot that TR6 would be fine, I am not sure about running the V, I have always been told just run a normal plug but I can't see a v making an hot spot as you know TR6 is what everyone and there grandma runs. I would talk to nano about that bottle pressure 1300 consitant seems like it would cause it to go lean in a hurry .... or your fuel pump didn't keep up?

Are your heads milled?
            Yea, im guessing it went lean real freakin quick.. I have the N20 ran thru a fuel safety switch and its set at 10 psi below normal. So, if the fuel pressure droped 10 psi the spray would shut off.

And yea, the heads are milled and compression is ~11.5.1

Comment

you are also adduming that your timing was being pulled and never confimed.

Comment

11.5 is nothing for nitrous, there are a lot of people running way more compression than that on spray, I am at 13.5, I wouldn't use your compression as a factor in your problem

Comment

Originally posted by Fotoboy View Post
                  you are also adduming that your timing was being pulled and never confimed.
                  Well, its a tricky set up to see if timing is being pulled... Ill figure out someway to make sure its being pulled.

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
                    11.5 is nothing for nitrous, there are a lot of people running way more compression than that on spray, I am at 13.5, I wouldn't use your compression as a factor in your problem
                    Yea.. no shit.

But, for a stock bottomed end short block with 102,000 miles on it, you pretty much have one mistake on N20 before its a paper weight..

Comment

Originally posted by waterbug1999 View Post
                      Yea.. no shit.

But, for a stock bottomed end short block with 102,000 miles on it, you pretty much have one mistake on N20 before its a paper weight..
                      no, 150 shot is small, stock bottom will handle that no problem, and 102,000 miles doesn't matter either, wrong tune, going lean, wrong bottle pressure, wrong plugs, thats when you have problems, 102000 miles or brand new, doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X