No announcement yet.

Dumbest thing people have ever asked you about cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was at Tires Plus, we replaced a bunch of front end parts and aligned a car. The next day the customer returned pretty upset because "ever since we replaced his idler arm, the car was idling high!".

:rotfl:

The poor sales guy had to excuse himself to the shop and then burst into laughter. He was laughing so hard that he couldn't even tell us shop guys what was so funny. It took awhile to gain his composure and politely explain the situation to the customer.

We also had a customer complain that ever since we changed his oil, his car was consuming it at a high rate. You see, every morning he would put in a quart thinking he had to fill it to the valve cover. We drained out about 11 quarts of oil!

There was a guy with a clapped out Mustang (early 70's-late 60's coupe) that wanted and alignment. The ball joints were junk and basically unsafe to even drive on. The front tires were into the metal belts on the inside real bad. This guy threw a fit and demanded we align his car and get it close. When the mechanic declined, threats of discrimination and reporting him to corporate, blah, blah, blah, came spewing out. :lol:

Randy
    www.NorthstarDetailSupply.com
    Green four door Chevy

Comment

Randy wins!

Comment

Originally posted by HAULNSS View Post
        When I was at Tires Plus, we replaced a bunch of front end parts and aligned a car. The next day the customer returned pretty upset because "ever since we replaced his idler arm, the car was idling high!".

That's fricken hularious:lol:

Comment

I had a 98 camaro with 4 inch mufflex system. I had a guy get in a 15 minute argument with me because he said it was a sts kit turbo kit and that was the only reason I beat him

Comment

I had a GTP a while back. I had the hood open and some young high school kid came up and asked if the supercharger was the transmission. I just agreed and walked away.

Comment

"Dude, who's sweet Corvette is that?" someone once asked me when pointing to my 1993 thunderbird

Comment

After taking the badges off my Park Ave., I overheard an older couple saying that the tri-shield emblem on the hood and the car looked familiar but "... I think its Japanese." They then went to their Lesabre and drove off.

Comment

Working...
                X