No announcement yet.

Looking for this Henry J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you saying the car I am looking for is owned by Jim Laborde? As in the "Kool Henry" car? If it is it I am glad I can finally say I found it but what a shame that it is no longer anything like how it used to be. Here's a pic dragdak if this is the one you are thinking of. http://autoimagery.com/2011/07/kool-henry/1128-01852k/

Comment

Based on the story you told,I would say its a good chance it is the car.I'm sure he is approachable.Like I say,he's out'a Hibbing.

Comment

I know some info on it.

Dennis Peterson (pretty sure thats his last name) owned it for awhile. You sat in the center. He works at French Lake now. He is in the shop area.
        Also awhile back I was looking at trading my 1917 Dodge Bucket for a Henry J that needed finishing in Foley Minnesota. I can't remember the guys name but he had a picture of it on his wall and said he had owned it awhile also. After telling Dennis this he had stopped by and talked to the guy also.

Looks like that car has made it's rounds.

John

Comment

Yep you are correct. The guy I know who used to own it traded Dennis it for a 1970 1/2 z28 camaro that he still runs up at BIR. The guy who emailed me about it up above was Mike Landwehr and as mentioned above got it from John Kapsner. So maybe it went from Dennis to John? Idk but Mike did have a henry j that needed to be finished for sale so maybe that's the guy you were gonna trade? I thought it would be cool to basically clone the car as the guy I know has a bunch of pics of the inside and outside and also some old time slips of the car, but finding a henry j for cheap isn't exactly easy.

Comment

Hmmm

I think Mike was the guys name. He and his wife took my bucket for a ride and I dont think she liked how rough the ride was. The J he had needed alittle more work to be done to get it on the road but it was pretty close. I wish we would have made the trade but thats luck I guess. I'm not sure what he ended up trading it for but I saw a black 57 Ford sitting there a coupls times as I was going thru town.

Dennis has another Henry J he picked up last year which came thru French Lake so they seem to find them. It's a stock non runner that needs a restore or modding. He seems to find the cool stuff now and then. :) He has a nice white 53 Chev Gasser.

Comment

Originally posted by 1970malibu View Post
              Yep you are correct. The guy I know who used to own it traded Dennis it for a 1970 1/2 z28 camaro that he still runs up at BIR. The guy who emailed me about it up above was Mike Landwehr and as mentioned above got it from John Kapsner. So maybe it went from Dennis to John? Idk but Mike did have a henry j that needed to be finished for sale so maybe that's the guy you were gonna trade? I thought it would be cool to basically clone the car as the guy I know has a bunch of pics of the inside and outside and also some old time slips of the car, but finding a henry j for cheap isn't exactly easy.
              Here is one local Mpls area

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/da...802851534.html

Comment

Yeah I look at that page almost everyday lol, but being 21 with 2 project cars already, I can't afford and really don't need another one right now. Hopefully I can find one later on when my other 2 cars are finished.

Comment

Henry j

I know exactly where this car is! Its in my dads garage!!! All u have said matches what we have-it has a 500 caddy motor and th400. Has a spotless henry body on it!

Comment

This car is in my dad sgarage in duluth! Has the caddy engine and a spotless henry body,

Comment

Really? What's your dads name? Do you have any pictures of it? I can't believe I actually found out where it went!!!!!

Comment

I was wondering if someone would be able to directly email watz402 for me as I am unable to and have sent a couple private messages with no response. Just wondering if it is indeed the car I have been searching for and if he has any pics of it. Thanks. I don't think Jim Labordes Kool Henry is the same car as he has it for sale and it has a trunk on it.

Comment

Anyone find anything new about this car? Still can't find it or get a hold of the guy who says his dad has it.

Comment

Working...
                          X