No announcement yet.

The Imposable Dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad and I just saw Gene the other day. He has been building all my dads motors for as long and I can remember. Just dropped off a set of heads for him to fix up for my 396. I have tons of pics of his 68 Camaro and a great guy.

Comment

Originally posted by bbcmalibu View Post
      My dad and I just saw Gene the other day. He has been building all my dads motors for as long and I can remember. Just dropped off a set of heads for him to fix up for my 396. I have tons of pics of his 68 Camaro and a great guy.
      Post up them pics, That was the first drag car I ever saw at the strip and it got me into racing. Been hooked ever since.

Comment

I'll have to get scanning. Stay tuned.

Comment

Gene Pearson built a supercharged sbc for me about 13 years ago.

Comment

Hi,
            This is my first post on this site.

I found this thread really interesting. I met Gene and George way back when.
            Gene built a 440 for my 67 GTX and George setup the rear end for it.

I met them back in about '79. My old boss was a friend of theirs and helped Gene
            with the car. He took me around and introduced me to his old racing buddies.
            (Gene,George, Bob Fuller, Larry DeForrest) I ended up working for Larry building
            race trailers in the really 80's and have been doing it ever sense. ( I helped
            build George's "Richmond Gear" trailer) In the last 30 years I have built stuff
            for many of the big name NHRA pro teams as well as some local Twin City racers.

I ran a 71 Demon out at Northstar a half dozen times back in the mid 70s but
            I do not consider myself a racer at all but I have got to know a LOT of racers
            through my job.

Greg
            Last edited by Trailerguy; 03-23-2012, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailerguy View Post
              Hi,
              This is my first post on this site.

I found this thread really interesting. I met Gene and George way back when.
              Gene built a 440 for my 67 GTX and George setup the rear end for it.

I met them back in about '79. My old boss was a friend of theirs and help Gene
              with the car. He took me around and introduced me to his old racing buddies.
              (Gene,George, Bob Fuller, Larry DeForrest) I ended up working for Larry building
              race trailers in the really 80's and have been doing it ever sense. ( I helped
              build George's "Richmond Gear" trailer) In the last 30 years I have built stuff
              for many of the big name NHRA pro teams as well as some local Twin City racers.

I ran a 71 Demon out at Northstar a half dozen times back in the mid 70s but
              I do not consider myself a racer at all but I have got to know a LOT of racers
              my job.

Greg

Welcome to TCO Greg, This area of Northstar and Minnesota dragways had garnered a lot of interest, I am glad we can show this to a lot of people who raced in the past and to teach the younger generation of the good old days of Drag Racing here in MN.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.

Comment

My Mother, and Father (past away in 2006) are good friends with Gene. My Mom goes to car shows with Gene throughout the summer. Gene's wife Carol passed away last summer. Gene is good people!
                  ------------------------------------
                  Let the hating begin!

Comment

The engine in my car now is a Gene Pearson short block.10 years back at his shop off of 65,had a good laugh with a sticker that said the two most overated things in life are young girls and Fords.:lol2:

Comment

Found this picture on another board

Comment

Here's one:

I loved this car! It was one of my favorites when I went to the track.

Comment

Thanks for posting those.

Comment

Working...
                          X