No announcement yet.

"Old" Auto parts stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't North Star an AHRA track? MN was NHRA and that photo has North Star all over it. Yup I even had fond memories of that miserable shut down lane Oh and Tuesday night racing when the tree dropped ya had to count or it was curtains.

Comment

NorthStar was a Wednesday Night track and being so alot of cars would show up no matter what association it was.
      Always on the hunt for info from Amber Green Dragways from 1970 - 1977

Comment

Memory is going by the way, all I remember was the night lights and some guy with a Mustang 6 holer with 6 carbs did that thing scream and also the dude with the cart and snowmobile or mc engin like a wild chainsaw.
        Jim

Comment

Are you thinking of the "Summer Reign" car?

Comment

Ya know Ted Smith was the best. Remember how crowded the counter/glass case was. Dust everywhere and some of those Holley parts had to have been the original manufactured stuff. If Ted didn't have it you didn't need it. Spent so many hours in there picking up stuff on the way to Twin City and on the way back for parts to fix what broke that night.

How about Headers By Ed. I remember when he first started he was at Minnesota Dragway along the fence with a set of his headers telling everyone who would listen how good they were and how much you could gain just by bolting them on. At the time I had a sponsorship with Stahl or I would have liked to try a set. He old me just bring the car down to my garage and I'll build the set on the car. I did go there and what he meant by garage was truely his 2 car garage by his house. Does anyone know if he still makes headers?

Comment

Originally posted by 64hemi View Post
              Ya know Ted Smith was the best. Remember how crowded the counter/glass case was. Dust everywhere and some of those Holley parts had to have been the original manufactured stuff. If Ted didn't have it you didn't need it. Spent so many hours in there picking up stuff on the way to Twin City and on the way back for parts to fix what broke that night.

How about Headers By Ed. I remember when he first started he was at Minnesota Dragway along the fence with a set of his headers telling everyone who would listen how good they were and how much you could gain just by bolting them on. At the time I had a sponsorship with Stahl or I would have liked to try a set. He old me just bring the car down to my garage and I'll build the set on the car. I did go there and what he meant by garage was truely his 2 car garage by his house. Does anyone know if he still makes headers?
              One of my club members worked for Ed's Headers. Next time I see him I'll ask him.
              Life is too short to waste time and energy on hate.

Comment

Originally posted by 64hemi View Post

I worked for Ted at the grove way back in the late '80s, Hell he was even at my wedding in '88. Ted was a hell of a guy, Many were pissed at the way he ran the track, But you know, He is the only guy that built a track in MN in the past 30 years that has survived to this day. The best part of racing be it on the street or at the track was that it was cool to have a Smith auto sticker in your window.

Comment

Originally posted by Tradbuilt View Post
                  One of my club members worked for Ed's Headers. Next time I see him I'll ask him.
                  I talked with Greg Danelius just last week.He spent a few years working for Ed.Bob Fuller also,back in the 70's.

Comment

Working...
                  X