Newb Says Hey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ramairws6 View Post
    Thanks, Speedo but you know how things go with me? I'm either super lucky or I have the worst luck in the world!! It might run for a day or it may not??
    Should, the 3rd LS7 is the charm right....

Comment

I don't know if I'd even call them LS7's anymore, especially not the 441. Not much LS7 left in her. Well off to nighty night...........back tomorrow for another day in paradise?! Traver
      2001 Trans Am All Motor 9.75 @139mph

Comment

Originally posted by ReRod View Post

Explain?
        well last summer, late may to be exact, speedo and I went out to race, my brother inlaw was with me and jollywrencher was with speedo, at the top end, and I mean top end, I was running about 7200 rpm in drive, I had what you would call a sprag failure, I am sure it happened in low gear but it held together until I let off in high gear, then what happened is what the professionals would call clutch over run, I believe the main drum then spins around one and a half times the speed of the motor, well the factory powder metal main drum will explode at 9000 rpm, it was like a fu*king grenade going off under my ass, it was wild, needless to say speedo had to start dodging trans parts that were flying out at him around 132 mph, but it was fun, and I won that race, but it was costly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
          well last summer, late may to be exact, speedo and I went out to race, my brother inlaw was with me and jollywrencher was with speedo, at the top end, and I mean top end, I was running about 7200 rpm in drive, I had what you would call a sprag failure, I am sure it happened in low gear but it held together until I let off in high gear, then what happened is what the professionals would call clutch over run, I believe the main drum then spins around one and a half times the speed of the motor, well the factory powder metal main drum will explode at 9000 rpm, it was like a fu*king grenade going off under my ass, it was wild, needless to say speedo had to start dodging trans parts that were flying out at him around 132 mph, but it was fun, and I won that race, but it was costly
          Damn! Never really heard anything other than your trans blew. Didn't realize it started chuckin' parts!

Comment

Ya Tork, thinking about that tranny situation has got me and Speedo waundering many of times if the installation of a tranny blanket wouldn't be in order?! Guy never thinks of this stuff till it's too late.Traver

Comment

Ya Tork, thinking about that tranny situation has got me and Speedo waundering many of times if the installation of a tranny blanket wouldn't be in order?! Guy never thinks of this stuff till it's too late.Traver
              A blanket for me?? or for you guys? I already have a CSR carbon fiber shield on my car which I believe is the only reason I still have a right leg and arm after that explosion

Comment

Originally posted by torkflight View Post
                A blanket for me?? or for you guys? I already have a CSR carbon fiber shield on my car which I believe is the only reason I still have a right leg and arm after that explosion
                I have a csr carbon fiber shield sitting on the shelf, I will be installing it over the winter now.

Comment

I think last time I looked the only blanket we could use is the reg run of the mill blanket and that thing is going to build heat during normal use. I seen CSR made a sheild but then we have to buy a 1 piece 4L60 case cause it won't fit on a bolt on bell case. But it was when Chad blew his the last time I looked.

Kyle put one on a Iroc 700r4 car and it was major time with the BFH to get it to fit.

Comment

Ya, don't want the blanket here either. Way too much heat! Hey Tork, maybe now that my tranny is out we could come up with something you could mock up for fab that would bolt right to the top of the trans?! Just a thought, might have to be made out of something wrapped in Kevlar. Traver

Comment

Kyle put one on a Iroc 700r4 car and it was major time with the BFH to get it to fit.[/QUOTE]

Yea that sucked, not much room under a F-body.
                      90 5.0 GT New combo
                      11.84 @ 113 1.64 60' Dynoed 428hp 419tq Dyno Vid Dyno sheet

Comment

Originally posted by speedo View Post
                        I think last time I looked the only blanket we could use is the reg run of the mill blanket and that thing is going to build heat during normal use. I seen CSR made a sheild but then we have to buy a 1 piece 4L60 case cause it won't fit on a bolt on bell case. But it was when Chad blew his the last time I looked.

Kyle put one on a Iroc 700r4 car and it was major time with the BFH to get it to fit.
                        A blanket is not going to build heat, you aren't dissipating that much heat out of your trans case and the blanket doesn't cover your pan, run a blanket your trans temp wont change

Comment

Are you serious? I'll have to ask my uncle on that one and see what he thinks.Traver

Comment

Are you serious? I'll have to ask my uncle on that one and see what he thinks.Traver
                            I ran a trans blanket for years until last year when I bought the carbon fiber one, I never had a problem.

Comment

Your tranny and a overdrive tranny with a stall like we run is a huge difference. Our tranny's are very fussy with the heat problem! Traver

Comment

Working...
                              X