• Show
Clear All

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
        ReRod - thanks!

Checked out your build thread. Nice 'bu! I bet you get some interesting looks at the lights with that one...
        Thanks Joel Hardly anyone has seen the car since the swap was done so I'm anxious for spring to arrive to "break it out"! Hopefully it'll be received well

Comment

Jon - thanks! Not sure if we've met, but if you see an old guy with a GN that has FASTONE on the plate, say hi!
          There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Fotoboy View Post
            Welcome!
            Thanks! We meet again! Just read what you have in that '67. Nice!
            There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Thanks! We meet again! Just read what you have in that '67. Nice!
              Thx, you still got your GTP? I bought a 08 imp ss...thats Super Sport in case you didnt know.:lol:

Comment

Thx, you still got your GTP? I bought a 08 imp ss...thats Super Sport in case you didnt know.:lol:

I thought you were just an imp *ss

off topic

Nice to have you here.

Comment

Yeah, the GTP is my daily driver. I haven't done much for mods - just the U-bend & resonator delete & a custom tune on the computer. Played with the fuel & timing a bit, shut off the torque-management & speed limiter, tightened up the clutch application times, and set up a progressive performance shift that's tied to the TPS. You bought an '08 SS? Cool! There was an '07 at the MN Club GP gathering last summer. I've thought about those, but haven't talked to anyone who has one. The torque-steer bothers me quite a bit in the GTP - how is it with the V8 up there?

Comment

Yeah, the GTP is my daily driver. I haven't done much for mods - just the U-bend & resonator delete & a custom tune on the computer. Played with the fuel & timing a bit, shut off the torque-management & speed limiter, tightened up the clutch application times, and set up a progressive performance shift that's tied to the TPS. You bought an '08 SS? Cool! There was an '07 at the MN Club GP gathering last summer. I've thought about those, but haven't talked to anyone who has one. The torque-steer bothers me quite a bit in the GTP - how is it with the V8 up there?

TS is fun! kinda like driving an old muscle car, all over the road

You htink tuning the car was worth doing?

Comment

TS is fun! kinda like driving an old muscle car, all over the road

You thnk tuning the car was worth doing?
                      Fotoboy,

I thought so. From what I've seen, the unnaturally-aspirated cars seem to benefit the most from a tune. With the GN, it was like dropping in a big-block where a 350 used to be. Since I didn't change the maximum boost, and there wasn't any knock-retard happening to begin with, there wasn't such a big difference with the GTP. Yet there was definitely a noticeable improvement in all-around drivability. We also got rid of the skip-shift & enabled double-down-shifts, plus we bumped all of the the shift points @ WOT. With the torque-management gone, the boost comes on instantly. The car is just more responsive, overall - especially when accelerating from low speeds, or when doing, say, a 40-70 MPH pass.

A buddy of mine has a son with a '99 GS. When both of our cars were bone-stock, we were nearly dead-even, but he could just barely pull away from me. (I do outweigh him by 80 pounds or so.) We did the same exhaust mods. He didn't have a tune, but I did. Then I could just keep up with him. Now, he has a tune, plus he's ported his blower. I can't keep up with him anymore...

On the N/A cars like yours, I'm not sure how much can be gained with just a tune. It depends upon how much the factory strangled the engine & trans with their stock tune.

Comment

Fotoboy,

I thought so. From what I've seen, the unnaturally-aspirated cars seem to benefit the most from a tune. With the GN, it was like dropping in a big-block where a 350 used to be. Since I didn't change the maximum boost, and there wasn't any knock-retard happening to begin with, there wasn't such a big difference with the GTP. Yet there was definitely a noticeable improvement in all-around drivability. We also got rid of the skip-shift & enabled double-down-shifts, plus we bumped all of the the shift points @ WOT. With the torque-management gone, the boost comes on instantly. The car is just more responsive, overall - especially when accelerating from low speeds, or when doing, say, a 40-70 MPH pass.

A buddy of mine has a son with a '99 GS. When both of our cars were bone-stock, we were nearly dead-even, but he could just barely pull away from me. (I do outweigh him by 80 pounds or so.) We did the same exhaust mods. He didn't have a tune, but I did. Then I could just keep up with him. Now, he has a tune, plus he's ported his blower. I can't keep up with him anymore...

On the N/A cars like yours, I'm not sure how much can be gained with just a tune. It depends upon how much the factory strangled the engine & trans with their stock tune.
                        I hear 20 rwhp but that seems like alot for the mods I have.

Comment

Working...
                        X