Wagners August 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
    Could meet you up there if you are planning on going Joel.
    Would have been cool, but I'm still getting a bit of exhaust in the cabin - even after getting things sealed-up under the hood. Now I found that the pipe coming out of the cat is rusted/burned through in a couple of spots just before the split to duals. Looks like I need to bring it to Pat's Muffler & see if he can fab-up a replacement pipe & weld it in. On the plus side - I don't need a new downpipe.

Joel
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

I was up at the ricer show on Mon. what a waste.

Comment

Ricer show? Which show is that?

It'll be two weeks before Pat will have time to work on my GN's exhaust, so I tried one of those patch kits - fully expecting that it wouldn't work. To my surprise, it seems to be working - at least for now. I'm taking the GN to the weekly car show show in Isanti tonight, and I might cruise over to Minnetonka Drive in tomorrow. I'm also planning to go to MN Cars & Coffee on Sat morning. Just finished washing the car, but it's too damned hot to polish it outside. I briefly tested the A/C in the garage when I bought the place two years ago, but I had never tried to actually cool the garage down with it until now. Guess I'll soon find out how well it works.

Joel
        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
          Ricer show? Which show is that?

It'll be two weeks before Pat will have time to work on my GN's exhaust, so I tried one of those patch kits - fully expecting that it wouldn't work. To my surprise, it seems to be working - at least for now. I'm taking the GN to the weekly car show show in Isanti tonight, and I might cruise over to Minnetonka Drive in tomorrow. I'm also planning to go to MN Cars & Coffee on Sat morning. Just finished washing the car, but it's too damned hot to polish it outside. I briefly tested the A/C in the garage when I bought the place two years ago, but I had never tried to actually cool the garage down with it until now. Guess I'll soon find out how well it works.

Joel

Blue is talking about the ricekiller meet across from Wagner's. Lots of cars but really lame. They make the imports park on one side and the domestics park on the other side of the lot. How stupid. I do not know why the micekillers do not have the show on Fri. would get a lot more people.

The show looked pretty packed at the drive in. I would like to go out to Minnetonka again if it cools off again but I am not sure if they still have it after Labor day.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
            Blue is talking about the ricekiller meet across from Wagner's. Lots of cars but really lame. They make the imports park on one side and the domestics park on the other side of the lot. How stupid. I do not know why the micekillers do not have the show on Fri. would get a lot more people.

The show looked pretty packed at the drive in. I would like to go out to Minnetonka again if it cools off again but I am not sure if they still have it after Labor day.
            Ah, now I get it. Just got back from the weekly show in Isanti. They said that the turnout wasn't as good as previous weeks, but it was still fun. I took a few pics. If any of 'em turn out, I'll post them.

I'll give the drive-in a call tomorrow & see if the Thursday thing is still happening. At any rate - I'm still planning to go to C&C on Sat morning.

Joel

Comment

Minnetonka Drive In

Thurs car night at Minnetonka doesn't end until they close for the season - usually at the end of September. You need to get there around 4 PM or so if you want a good parking spot, as the place is usually full by 5-5:30. My friend with the '61 Ford salt-flats truck & I are heading out there this afternoon.

Joel

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
                Thurs car night at Minnetonka doesn't end until they close for the season - usually at the end of September. You need to get there around 4 PM or so if you want a good parking spot, as the place is usually full by 5-5:30. My friend with the '61 Ford salt-flats truck & I are heading out there this afternoon.

Joel

Looks like to me when it cools off I will have to make a drive out there.
                Today is too hot and we will be out of town next Thurs. for funeral services for a family member.

Comment

Working...
                X