No announcement yet.

Where is everyone hanging out now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah you're right. I forgot about that crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
      Once I heard the Anoka gathering is only for early 70s and older, I've never gone. Not going to pull the Chevelle out of storage to go when my Camaro would blow the doors off of probably 90% of what's at the event. I'm a fan of the old cars because I grew up in that era, but there's a snobbishness from the old crowd that makes them think the older cars are better. In my opinion--the majority of those cars didn't do much of anything very well. The exception would be '67 SS 396 Chevelle, rare 1st gen F-bodies, '67 4-4-2 , '70-'72 SS-454 Chevelle or '70 Stage 1 GS 455. There are others, but...
      No, the show is 78 and older. I've never been questioned. It's a lot of street rods but there is always a hand full of 8 to 10 second cars.
      5.55@126
      8.67@155
      www.tntraceshop.com

Comment

I've been to Anoka show. It was OK, but I only went a couple times because I couldn't show the GN.

My favorite weekly show is Thurs. nights at the Minnetonka Drive-in. A bit of a drive - but there's no stupid year limit, and the place draws a wide variety of very nice rides spanning the entire automotive era. And then there's the excellent homebrew rootbeer!

Joel
        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
          I've been to Anoka show. It was OK, but I only went a couple times because I couldn't show the GN.

My favorite weekly show is Thurs. nights at the Minnetonka Drive-in. A bit of a drive - but there's no stupid year limit, and the place draws a wide variety of very nice rides spanning the entire automotive era. And then there's the excellent homebrew rootbeer!

Joel
          I will agree, the Root Beer is the best. It taste like the old Mason's brand, as for the cars it is a good mix of new and old. When my roads are paved I will take some of the cars out there, just a couple of more weeks.

Comment

Mason's?

Comment

Ummm, root beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
                Too old?? Naw...

Saw this Studebaker on there. My dad had a similar model in the early 50s, but it was a ragtop coupe.

Has anyone in here ever been beat by a Studebaker? Cause that would SUCK.

Comment

If I recall--Ant Bea had a collection of those. Let me put this little guy in here>:smoke:

Comment

Hey

Anything on the North side of town other then Anoka?

Comment

The car scene is dead.

Comment

Working...
                      X