No announcement yet.

Finally a nice weekend at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that a 100lbs. propane tank?, if so is that what you are running you little furnace on?, how does it heat?.

Comment

its temporary, but it works for now. needed 100lb tank to run this big of heater without it trying to freeze up.

heats as it should. furnace is an 80k from northern.

-Aaron
      87 cutlass
      76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
      87 olds 442 - old mans ride
      355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

finally made some progress on one of the many projects I seem to always have.

bearing clearances are a bit on the tight side for what I think they should be for a not stock setup, but we'll see what happens. overall its pretty mild, but should be interesting to see what 6 ish psi does. not the best crank and cast piston with the gaps opened up.

will need to get some forged parts and hurt my wallet for the next one so I can turn it up more.

-Aaron
        87 cutlass
        76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

Oh Oh, Someone got some Mondello heads. This could be trouble. Nice looking engine.

Comment

She's a good looker

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
              Oh Oh, Someone got some Mondello heads. This could be trouble. Nice looking engine.
              lol, already redid the guides and valves at murgic's here in rosemount. all the guides were loose, plus the stock speedmaster valves are kind of junky so I replaced them with stainless edelbrock intakes and some stainless exhaust valves I was going to use for iron heads.

-Aaron
              87 cutlass
              76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

Well, finally got the intake on after having it machined down a bit. Used better/thicker intake gaskets, plus a small block with big block heads it was just a touch off of fitting the first time. Slowly coming together, keep side tracking myself with other projects, but one day i'll get this thing finished.

Example of other projects. Picked up this poor financial decision of an Audi the other day. Should be a fun beater, with the tune they are right around 285-290awhp.

-Aaron
                87 cutlass
                76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

well, this chapter closed last year when I was finally done with the garage, and re doing the entire house basically.., and then ended up doing life changing stuff. sold this place and bought a farm site in the middle of nowhere west of sleepy eye. got out of the cities and the madness, and adopted having basically a second job taking care of stuff around here. remodeled part of the basement, and getting my new shop going.

-Aaron
                  87 cutlass
                  76 olds 350/t56 3.73's

Comment

Don't blame you for moving out a ways. And Sleepy Eye isn't that far away. Maybe in the future I can get something like that. Good for you! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by smooth_358 View Post
                      well, this chapter closed last year when I was finally done with the garage, and re doing the entire house basically.., and then ended up doing life changing stuff. sold this place and bought a farm site in the middle of nowhere west of sleepy eye. got out of the cities and the madness, and adopted having basically a second job taking care of stuff around here. remodeled part of the basement, and getting my new shop going.
                      Nice to see you again Smooth 358. Come back any time.

Comment

Working...
                      X