No announcement yet.

Finally Got to Race the L-29 Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, very respectable numbers. Based on the other guys 1/8th mile numbers, he either: broke, let off or running maybe a 6.14 gear. lol. Either way---he didn't have enuf.
    Be careful which late model cars you line up against, Bob. lol. Although very nice numbers, I've witnessed quite a few street driven late models at RF in the mid 10s all the way down in the low 9s at up to 150

Comment

Just think - low 9s used to be Pro Stock territory back in the late '70s...
      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

I posted my video up last night on another forum of that run and this one racer was stating how he could get 100 more HP out of a set of 390 closed chamber oval port heads. I called BS on that shit, closed chamber heads will never make power the same as the newer late model heads will, if they did GM never would have stopped making them. I posted the video as it really showed the car launching well and I got a 1.50 60ft time with the car hesitating, LOL.

Comment

• Z28SSMAN
          Z28SSMAN commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, you know more about cyl heads than most. I never had em, but should try em one of these days.

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
        Just think - low 9s used to be Pro Stock territory back in the late '70s...
        Yeah, a few years ago I was at Super Chevy in Memphis when Big Daddy Don Garlits raced swamp Rat II. I think he ran 9.60 and the spectators seemed bored with it. A few of us old guys gave him a standing ovation because 9.60s back then was crazy quick. Nothing new will be as legendary as Swamp Rat II. Now street driven cars can run deep in the 9s.

Comment

Working...
        X