Local car sites are dwindling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
    Had a good thing going with the Fri-Sat evening CRB cruise, but then some dickheads ruined that last fall, by parking where they blocked customers, doing burnouts, and generally being assholes. After the Cold Steel Cruisers put a lot of time & effort to get the local CRB business on-board with it & helping to convince the Coon Rapids cops to let it happen, the business owners got tired of the dickheads blocking parking & leaving trash in the parking lots - so THEY asked the CR cops to shut it down. Only lasted for 3 seasons. What a fucking shame, as it was the closest thing to the Uni/Porky's cruise so far.
    That's what's ruined every car spot since the 70's as far as I am concerned Joel, Pigs and slobs that think Mom has to clean up for them.

Comment

• Z28SSMAN
      Z28SSMAN commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, Hardees used to let us hang out down there. I remember when Bob and I were over there when some kids pulled in and dumped their burger bags on the parking lot. Not long after, they shut it down.

But the Porky's/Uni thing was somehow different. It lasted for nearly 5 decades, and was considered to be one of the top weekend cruises in the entire US! It would probably still be going if the city wouldn't have forced 'em to sell so they could put light rail through on Uni. What a fuck-job that was!

BTW - have you watched any of the video I shot @ Porky's on the last weekend, when the city told the cops to let everyone do burnouts on Uni?

Joel
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

• Z28SSMAN
      Z28SSMAN commented
      Editing a comment
      You mean the light rail where you are lucky to see 4 or 5 people on it?

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
    But the Porky's/Uni thing was somehow different. It lasted for nearly 5 decades, and was considered to be one of the top weekend cruises in the entire US! It would probably still be going if the city wouldn't have forced 'em to sell so they could put light rail through on Uni. What a fuck-job that was!

BTW - have you watched any of the video I shot @ Porky's on the last weekend, when the city told the cops to let everyone do burnouts on Uni?

Joel
    Ya now you would get shot going down there these days. No Joel I have not seen your Porks video, post it up would be fun to see.

Comment

Here are the three vids I shot during Porky's last stand. Not a lot of serious iron doing burnouts, but it was still quite the weekend!

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Thought this was funny as hell!

325928113_867123101292150_1680915127740929667_n.jpg

Comment

Joel the videos are super cool, never seen those before. Thanks for sharing them.

Comment

Working...
          X