No announcement yet.

Drag strip ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting the 396 back in the car this winter and drive it for another summer. Then its going to get torn apart. Plans Plans Plans!!!

Comment

MPH seems a little low for the ET, nice time though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetcster View Post
        MPH seems a little low for the ET, nice time though.
        Kick myself every time i think about it. I took my foot out of it way before the line. Should have been a 11.45 @117 mph or so.

Comment

That make sense why the mph is off.

Comment

To damn cold this winter!! Put the 396 back together without the alum heads. Refreshed the steal closed chamber heads to put back on with new valve springs, guides and valve job. Stuffed a set of new lifters and a comp .552/555 extreme energy cam in it to cruise. Not sure about bring it to the track this year but this winter needs to end very soon!!!

Comment

I don't see a roll bar in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by 57 300 View Post
                I don't see a roll bar in the car.
                Thats why it will probably not see the track this year. :-( Hopefully next winter she will be torn apart and fixed up. Going to be running my dads corvette this summer. Heading to Byron for the Meltdown Drags in July with it.

Comment

Remember that period correctness is strict.Had a good time a couple of years back.The 12 minute mark.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWcgvB1sHts

Comment

Yeah should be no problem. Just need 2 Cragar SS's for the rear of it. My dad keeps it pretty old school anyway. Can't wait. It looks like a lot of fun down there. Never been to the track either.

Comment

• Yeah the big motor was fun but a little too much to cruise with.

Having some fun playing with my little 396 again. Stuffed a new cam in it and the old school steel closed chamber heads on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X