No announcement yet.

Tranny Dyno?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low vacuum will increase line pressure without a doubt unless something is not healthy. Increased line pressure will usually make shifts late and hard. Lack of vacuum can be compensated for to some extent by using an adjustable red stripe modulator.

B&M Shift kits suck for a 400 (350's too). I used to use the B&M Transpak, the shifts were more positive without the harshness. As Mr HP said, the Transgo stuff is even better- I have not used them in a 400 yet, but they really clean up 700R4's and 4L60's.

I'm still surprised there was nothing wrong in that thing. A simple pressure test would have helped before it was torn down. If nothing mechanical was out of place, I'd be looking for a hung valve in the valvebody, a scored pressure regulator, or it's possible the governor could be stuck or scored..

Comment

See what the place I linked to has to say.

Do you need to be careful of the cable adjustment on the newer system like the 700R4 does?

Comment

I plan on calling them tomorrow after work to get another opinion.
        Yes the cable adjustment is touchy like on a 700r4 from what Bob told me at Bendtsens.

Comment

Never have worked with the cables, it may very well be touchy. One nice thing- unlike a 700R4, the 400 will not live or die by modulator adjustment. You have time to get it right before damage happens.

Rusty, check your PM's.

Comment

Working...
          X