G-body guys: Question for ya...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grey1 View Post
    My rear is stock except for an ATR bar that makes the stocker look like a coat hanger. You might want to look into some air bags. If you load the passenger side with 20-28lbs. it'll make it launch more even and consistent.
    Might I ask which ATR bar you went with? TRZ? BMR? HR? Those are the ones I know of. And are you saying to do the bags with an anti-roll bar or to just use them with what I currently have?

Comment

Originally posted by ReRod View Post
      Might I ask which ATR bar you went with? TRZ? BMR? HR? Those are the ones I know of. And are you saying to do the bags with an anti-roll bar or to just use them with what I currently have?
      ATR was for Applied Tech Research. A co. that went down 1 or 2 yrs. ago. They manufactured their own. You can still find them used on www.turbobuick.com under for sale items if you look now and then.
      If you use the hr or wolfe bars, you shouldn't need the bags.
      If stocker or ATR, definately can fine tune your launches w/ bags.
      Ferry's bar works well and your going to pay for it as well as the Wolfe bar. By the way, hr maunfactures and sells the best poly motor mounts and tranny mounts available. (for LC2's)

Comment

Thanks for the input guys:cool:! I will have to make some choices real quick here I guess

Comment

I thought the HR one looked like the best piece myself, a little spendier than BMR or Spohn. I like the fact that its tubing and not solid bar like some, they have nice axle tube clamps that have cutouts for the brakelines as well. I'm prolly buying one for my 69 chevelle when I get it back toghether.Just my 2 cents.

Comment

The hr bar has a proven track record, The wolfe bar requires welding and is not reccompnded for street use...I use umi boxed lowers, umi tubular uppers, an HR bar, and eiback springs with bilstein shocks, gets and goes, hands down awesome setup. thats my .02 cents.....

Comment

I would also go with the H&R or a ATR bar. They work the best and care pretty cheap. I have UMI non-adjustable arms adn the stock swaybar on mine and it hooks pretty good. Do not under any circumstances put airbags in, they are only a crutch, band-aid, patch or whatever for a bad suspension setup. Plus they suck on the street.
              For shocks i would go with Bilsteins or edelbrock shocks, both of these are great on the street, and still hook well.

Comment

Thanks for the additional input again guys! I've probably got ~400-500 miles on the new engine so it won't be very long until I'll be adding some drag radials and seeing how the current set-up works on the street:cool:. If it isn't working too well then I'll definitely be ready to get the HR bar. I've yet to hear anything negative about it on any of the boards that I visit.

Comment

I like how the new extreme Hotchkis sway bar tucks up close to the rear end. But they connect up to the lower control arm instead of the frame crossmember, not sure if thats better or worse. They only make this for the older A-bodies like mine anyways, just thought I'd share.. figure they'll make them for the G-bodies soon. They are going for $310.

Comment

Working...
                  X